Temperament ; Congenital traits which are specific to that person and cannot be changed due to their nature. It dictates the person’s emotions, mind and actions.
• Base motivation
• Base needs and perception are determined by it.
• It is a fundamental core.
All external circumstances (education, culture, parental demeanour, experiences etc.) are perceived, evaluated, interpreted and processed by this temperament. The main reason of different perceptions and evaluations of same environments is the difference in these “perception and processing” cores.
Personality;The interaction of aspects that we cannot influence such as gender, age, intelligence, genetic structure etc. and those that we can to a degree such as family, education, culture, experiences, beliefs etc. with temperament creates personality. Personality is the total of how sensory (physical needs, protecting the body, behaviour, action, movement style), emotional (love-hate, intrigue-boredom, happiness-sadness), cognitive (observation, data gathering, reasoning, thinking) aspects are used to express one’s own self. Both temperament structure and the circumstances affecting temperament are important when shaping personality. No external-internal circumstance or event can produce an outcome completely independent of temperament. How an event or experience will result in a personality cannot be determined by disregarding the effects of factors on temperament types.
Character; Fully developed parts of personality that are prominent, set and continuous form character. These mind, emotion and action traits which are very hard to change keep being dominant as they are repeated and approved as character.
- The temperament type of someone is congenital and cannot be changed.
- Personality on the other hand is dynamic and can change between its span.
- Since external and internal factors interacting with temperament can never be the same for two people, the personality of each person is unique.
- None is superior to another, just different.
- When we try and make another person like us, this means we disregard or cannot see their difference. Evaluating someone based on our own traits would be incorrect and unjust.